Abortion Pill Information Prattville, Alabama
If you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy and considering at-home abortion in Alabama, you may be looking for more information on buying abortion pills online or self-induced abortion methods. We provide a free consultation before you take the abortion pill in Prattville, Alabama. Get information on the abortion pill and typical abortion pill costs.
Call us or request an appointment online to learn more about your options and what to do next.
MEDICAL ABORTION (ABORTION PILL)
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 70 days (10 weeks pregnant). The pill (two drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol) is taken in two doses.1
The FDA strongly cautions people against buying drugs from certain Internet pharmacies and specifically warns people not to buy Mifeprex, or the generic version (mifepristone) on the Internet because it bypasses safeguards.2,3
Medical abortion isn’t an option if you:4
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD) currently in place.
- Have a concern that the pregnancy is outside of the uterus. This is called ectopic pregnancy and can be life-threatening. Learn about the risk factors and signs of an ectopic pregnancy.5
- Are further along in your pregnancy than ten weeks. The FDA has only approved the abortion pill for up to 10 weeks from the LMP. Taking the abortion pill later in pregnancy is associated with increased risk of complications, such as an incomplete abortion or severe bleeding.6
- Have certain medical problems including: bleeding disorders, severe liver or kidney disease, known cardiac disease, or an uncontrolled seizure disorder.
- Take certain medications including blood thinners or steroids.
- Are allergic to the medicines used.
The gestational age of the pregnancy determines the types of abortion procedures typically used. Find out how far along in pregnancy you are through a free ultrasound to help determine your abortion procedure options. Call (334) 365-8266.
The abortion pill can be reversed if action is taken after the first dose. More information is available at abortionpillreversal.com.
ABORTION PILL COSTS
The typical cost for the abortion pill ranges from $350-$700 but could be higher. Get the information you need before calling providers by finding out how far along in pregnancy you are with our free ultrasound services.
BEFORE TAKING THE ABORTION PILL IN ALABAMA
Prior to taking abortion pills, you will need to know exactly how far along you are and it is vital that you see a medical provider who can prevent or diagnose complications.7
DO AN ULTRASOUND EXAM TO DATE PREGNANCY
Knowing your menstrual cycle dates can help, but having an ultrasound is the most certain way to get exact dates for your pregnancy.8
FIND OUT IF YOUR PREGNANCY IS VIABLE
Among pregnancies that are identified, about 15% end naturally in miscarriage.9 Natural miscarriages are frequently completed without the need for medical intervention. Find out for sure before going through a costly procedure. Get an ultrasound exam.
CAN YOU TAKE THE ABORTION PILL?
Before taking the abortion pill, you will need to know exactly how far along you are and a few other things as well. We can help you learn more about your pregnancy and if the abortion pill is an option for you. Find out how far along in pregnancy you are through a free ultrasound to help determine your abortion procedure options. Call (334) 365-8266.
SAVE YOURSELF MONEY
Even non-profit abortion providers charge fees for all of their services. Non-profit abortion clinics may use a “sliding scale” payment schedule that is based on your income, but you will have fees you will have to either pay yourself or submit to insurance.
All of our services are 100% free and confidential. River Region Pregnancy Center is a non-profit organization that is free for everyone, regardless of financial circumstances. We exist to provide accurate medical information and support to women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy. Request an appointment online.
1. MEDICAL ABORTION
Information taken from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). “Mifeprex Medication Guide.” U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/mifeprex-mifepristone-information
4. Mayo Clinic. (2022, July 29). Medical abortion: Before Using. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/medical-abortion/about/pac-20394687
Physician’s Desk Reference. (2022). Korlym (mifepristone) Contraindications dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Korlym-mifepristone-2928#11
Physician’s Desk Reference Guide. (2022). Cytotec (misoprostol) dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Cytotec-misoprostol-1044.430#11
5. Mayo Clinic. (2022, March 12). Ectopic pregnancy – Symptoms and causes. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ectopic-pregnancy/symptoms-causes/syc-20372088
6. 2. U.S. Food & Drug Administration. (2016, March 30). Mifeprex (mifepristone) Information. Retrieved April 18, 2019, from http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm111323.htm.